• Marileen
    How to integrate payment method to a website, like in Wordpress.
  • Hamda
    Hi Marileen,

1- Understand what the gateway does. The payment gateway processes the customer's credit card information by sending the data to the gateway's web server, which then makes the sale and sends the confirmation back to the website. You can quickly integrate your gateway into your website's shopping cart software.
    2- Browse your options. There are a lot of different payment gateways out there, and they can get a bit confusing. Before you start looking, check which gateways your shopping cart software supports. Your shopping cart software's support site should have a list of compatible payment gateways.
    3- Pay attention to fees and conditions. The payment gateway will typically charge you a one-time setup fee, a monthly fee, and then charge a small fee for each transaction processed. Compare rates to find the service that meets your needs the best.
    4- Pick between an external or a direct gateway. External gateways (also known as "redirect") send your customers to another website to process the payment. Direct gateways (also known as "transparent") do the processing within your store, keeping the customer on your site. If possible, choose a direct gateway, as they look more professional.
    5- Sign up for a merchant account. You will need to sign up for a merchant account, which you then link to your payment gateway. This will allow you to receive payments from the customer. Merchant accounts will typically charge you per transaction as well.
    6- Sign up for your chosen payment gateway. Once you sign up for your gateway, you will be provided the necessary information that you will need to provide to your online store software.
  • Syamraj K
    In WordPress, There are numerous Plugins which would Allow you to Integrate the Payment Gateway without any hassle.

All that you need to do is to get the account with the Payment Gateway and then search for the plugin that would help you in accepting the money using that Gateway. Pretty much all the Payment Gateways available in the market do have a WordPress Plugin as well

I hope that answers your question, let me know if need any more information. Also, if you need a detailed information - get me the Payment Gateway that you would want to Integrate and then I can get you Specific Instructions for accomplishing it for that gateway.
  • Kemi Ojo
    Hello Marileen,

Nowadays, payment platform integration has been made easy on WordPress. Most platforms have plugins that you can easily set-up with your merchant details and API key. However, you need to choose a reliable payment gateway, you should ask around, search online for the best one to integrate on your website. Similarly, you should check the fees and conditions, this is very important so that you don't lose money or even charge your clients more than you should.

I hope this helps!
  • Kapil
    There are a lot of different payment gateways out there. I would suggest you to check before you start looking, check which gateways your shopping cart software supports.

Your shopping cart software's support site should have a list of compatible payment gateways. Below are some of the more widely supported gateways include:
    • PayPal
    • Payza
    • Perfect Money
    • Egopay
    • SecurePay
    • Authorize.net
    • Verify
    • Braintree
    • SecurePay

Refer this blog " How to Integrate a Payment Gateway Into a Website " for a detailed explanation of the payment integration process.

I hope it will help.
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Marileen

There are a lot of option available for integration of payment in your site. Its difficult to explain everything here therefore help yourself and visit the followinglink: http://www.wikihow.com/Integrate-a-Payment-Gateway-Into-a-Website I believe the article is the answer to your query.
    For more information please contact .

Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • Eric Clifford
    Hi @Marileen there are paypal plugins available now. Since PayPal is one of the most popular payment gateways, giving potential customers the ability to pay using it is a surefire way to improve your odds of getting more sales. And you can add this ability to your WordPress site with ease thanks to plugins.

Please look on this https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/wordpress-paypal-plugins

I hope it helps!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)