• jake81
    First time to create a website soon. Not sure if I'd go for Wordpress or Weebly via Hello Internet. Would like to know of the general assistance that you provide once I have set it up and start creating my Weebly site.

• Saurabh Vij
    Wordpress seems fine.
  • OliviaAccepted Answer
    @Jake - I'm also currently using Wordpress and I'm happy with it so far.
  • jake81
    @Saurabh - Thank you for your reply.
    @Olivia - Great to hear that Wordpress works for you!
  • Victor
    @Jake - Wordpress is great! has a lot of options for beautiful free templates, well designed and usually mobile responsive.

Regards,
    Vic
  • satish
    wordpress is so gud
  • Kapil
    @jake, In my opinion, WordPress is a popular choice and powers 23% of all websites on the internet. Below are some good features of Wordpress which make it a better choice as compared to Weebly.

>Wordpress can deliver you a much more advanced website than Weebly.

>WordPress also has drag and drop themes which make it super easy to create your own layouts.

>Weebly allows you to download your site as a zip file, which will only contain your HTML pages and images.

Bottom line is that WordPress offers more tools, freedom, and flexibility than Weebly. All of these things make it possible for you to build a website the way you want it.
  • Kemi Ojo
    Hey Jake, I'll suggest WordPress. I have been using the platform for a while, it makes it easy for me to maintain my web pages. Moreover, it is easy to install, customize, maintain and manage. You will love it. :)

Regards,
    Kemi
  • Marileen
    I have experience editing web content in Wordpress and I find it easy to add new pages, categories, images, video and other contents and yes it offer more tools that is easy to use.
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hi
    Like all said word press seems fine. It had a lot of good features.
  • Hamda
    Personally, I advice you to use Wordpress, because of the:
    1. Ease of Use
    2. Manage Your Website from Any Computer
    3. No HTML Editing or FTP Software Required
    4. Search Engines Love WordPress Sites
    5. You Have Control of Your Site
    6. The Design of Your Website is 100% Customizable
    7. A Blog is Built-in and Ready to Go
    8. Extend the Functionality of Your Site with Plugins
    9. Your Site Can Grow as Your Business Grows
    10. Have Multiple Users
  • Syamraj K
    @Jake - I would definitely place my bet on WordPress. Being one of the Most used Platform (26% of all Sites), WordPress is the best option in my opinion.

Let me add few quick features which will assist you in taking a decision.

• Ease of Development - Even with very minimal or no experience in development & coding, you can start a WordPress Site. WordPress is known for its Massive amount of Plugins that can serve any need that may arise makes it so simple for setting up. Last but not least, there are 1000's of free and excellent themes available plus an added option for buy premium ones.

• Flexibility - WordPress enables you to practically make any type of site that you require, be it a company site, a Blog, eCommerce Site, a Portfolio, a Government Site or a Charity one, Online community, Forum etc.. The list is endless, only your imagination is the limit when it comes to WordPress

• Search Engine Friendly - WordPress Code is Clean & Simple, making it easy for Search Engines to read and Index. In addition to these you can setup page specific Keywords, Meta descriptions & Titles - it allows a perfect SEO optimization methodology.

• User Experience - Adding a Blog, a Post or a Page is very simple & can be done very quickly with minimal time expenditure on Formatting.

• Best Blogging tool Available - WordPress was initially built for Blogging tool for Journalists. The best part about WordPress is that it comes with an in built option to have a Blog - i.e. you don't need to think about choosing a Website over a Blog or Blog over Website.

• Highly Scalable - WordPress is Highly Scalable and can grow with your demands.

• WooCommerce - Powered with the help of WordPress is one of the best option when it comes to eCommerce site. Over 1 Million eCommerce Sites powered by WooCommerce makes it 40% of the total amount of eCommerce Websites out there. This is a Free Plugin which converts your wordpress blog or site to an eCommerce Site. Extremely stable and built to Scale. Only limiting factor would the Server Power that you are using

There are numerous benefits & features that you will hear about WordPress, I just have added few that came on top of the mind.
  • Mike
    Hello,
    As 90% members are voting for wordpress :) but I would like to add here joomla and drupal as these content management system are also much robust and identical to wordpress. As far as I am concerned with weebly it is also sounds good should try it. I am using wordpress, Joomla and drupal and now I am planning to use weebly as well.

Thanks
  • Eugen Lewis
    Mike, it sounds like you are quite an experienced webmaster.

You're right, WordPress is the most popular CMS out there. According to stats, it's preferred by 70-90% of bloggers. Weebly is also popular, although mainly used by less technical people. I would say, it's great when you simply want to create some quick website using drag-n-drop. But WordPress gives much more flexibility, and also keep in mind a huge number of plugins it has. So, my choice is WordPress.
  • Frank Tettey-Enyo
    Wordpress might be the most popular choice for ease of use and abundance of plugins. But having used that and drupal I would say drupal has more advanced features that an advanced webmaster can leverage. It is quite impressive the level of details you can go with drupal if you find the right module(plugin).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)