• Eric Clifford
    Anyone knows here, or have experience, How to remove the domain lock?
  • JayR

As a far as I know Hositng Service Provider do this unless there is an option on your account.

;)
    - JayR
  • Eric Clifford
    Hi @JayR, I am sorry, can you elaborate more. I dont seem to figure this out. Thanks!
  • Majid Younis
    Hi Eric,,

In order to remove the transfer lock you need to do the following:

1. Go to hello.co
    2. Log into your account with us.
    3. Click on top of your domain name.
    4. Click on top of the "Transfer lock" link.

Just like this example : https://www.screencast.com/t/Cd5ecLdD

Keep in mind that we recommend to always have the transfer lock on unless you want to transfer your domain ( which is something we don't want and would be sad to see you leave :( )

Majid
  • Kapil
    The domain lock is an added layer of security to guard against unauthorized domain transfers. So, it is always recommended to leave a domain name locked unless you are about to transfer it to another registrar company.
  • Eric Clifford
    Thanks @Majid Younis. Have you tried it? I'm gonna try that.
  • jake81
    The method in removing a domain lock varies depending on your domain registrar. If it is locked using Hello, then is is best to contact Hello's support team. You may ask for the steps on how to remove it. If you are using another domain registrant, you can navigate through the panel for the said option. I believe there is always an option for this. Try logging into your account, go to your Domain List, go to the Sharing and Transfer option (or anything related to this, depending on your registrant), then go to the Transfer Out section or a relevant option again, and the "Unlock" option will appear. Good luck!
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Eric
    If you google this question you would see different methods to remove domain lock as this depends upon from where you get the service. Since this is something technical thus you can contact as explain the issue to them.
    I hope this helps you
    Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • Eric Clifford
    Thanks everyone. Got it all figured out.
  • Sudipta
    Great to know that. All the best Eric. :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)