• breakaway
    There are several ways Blogger offers in terms of monetizing the blogs set up on their platform such as the AdSense, and the like. I want to monetize my recently set up blog on Wordpress too but heard several opinions that Blogger is way better than Wordpress if you want to make money from your blogs. I also heard that I can set up Google AdSense on my Wordpress blog too. It would be great if anyone can give me tips on how to do this and to confirm if this is really possible.

Also, there are some platforms to use like the Commission Junction, etc. in order to make money from a blog. Any suggestions and sharing of personal experiences in these affiliates are appreciated!
  • Faisal Asghar
    Hi @breakaway
    Yes, you can set up Google AdSense on your WordPress blog. First of all, determine where you want to show the ad on your website. Most commonly ads are displayed in the sidebar. You can add the Ads in your sidebar by using WordPress widgets.
    Simply go to Appearance ยป Widgets in your WordPress admin area. Next drag & drop the Text widget to the appropriate widget area and paste your Google AdSense code in there.
    Hope this helps.
  • mari

Would it be okay if the Wordpress site is still new? Will adsense allow their ads to run on sites that are newly built? I remember getting Adsense's permission years ago but was declined. I was still new on creating blogs then so I just explored and registered to Adsense without considering my blog site which after a few weeks I think, got a notification that it was declined. Didn't pursue using Adsense after that.
  • Eric Clifford
    I think someone asked this question before if only I could find it, cause there were a lot of inputs there that might help you.
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello breakaway
    Yes you can integrate ad sense to your WordPress site. As far as I have experienced, google ad sense generate more profits then blogger. In order to integrate ad sense to your word press site please identify areas that you think will not irritate your clients/visitors and you can get there maximum profit. For integrating it please follow the steps Faisal shared.
    For more information please contact
    I hope this helps!
    Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • Abhinay Kumar
    Google adsense is a good way of monetizing your blog.Please refer the link below
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-add-google-adsense-to-your-wordpress-site/
  • amita
    Hi there,

Wordpress is best for monetize your ads because there is lot's plugins available for place your ads but when you should request your approval you first needs to purchase best hosting options because your hosting speed is more important.
  • Eugen Lewis
    Actually, WordPress is the most popular content management system for websites and blogs. But first, I'd like to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

There's Wordpress.com - a free public blog hosting service, which you can use the similar way with Blogger. There are both free and premium blog themes offered, you may do some customization, but generally, your capabilities are limited. Also, you can use a free domain name (like myblog.wordpress.com) or buy a fully unique domain name on Hello.co

On the other hand, there's Wordpress.org - here you can download Wordpress CMS to be installed on your custom website. Some web hosting platforms provide automatic Wordpress installation. This fully-featured CMS has to offer multiple themes (both free and paid), as well as numerous plugins giving you basically unlimited opportunities to implement any features you want and connect advanced monetization types. First of all, to be able to use Wordpress CMS you need a domain name and hosting for your blog. Check out hosting options here: https://www.hello.co/Hosting

I hope this makes things a little clearer to you.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)