• Kemi Ojo
    Hi guys,

I need help on how to back up my email accounts? Does Hello Internet do automatic backup? Can I retrieve the backup from them if I need it?
  • JayR
    Hello Kemi,

To answer one of your questions. you can back up your emails by setting up an Outlook account using POP3 email settings. Post Office Protocol or POP is used to retrieve email messages from a mail server to a mail client. The latest version, which is what's widely used, is version 3 - hence the term "POP3".

Here's a complete instruction you can use. http://www.networksolutions.com/support/step-by-step-pop-setup-instructions/

Hope that helps

- JayR
  • Alyssa
    The process can vary a bit depending on what email client you use, but thunderbird is a great tool for backing up your email account. You can find a tutorial on how to use it here: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44791/how-to-backup-your-web-based-email-account-using-thunderbird/
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Kemi
    In order to have a back up you can set up a mail account for POP3 as this is the latest version available ad is widely used around the globe for the purpose you mentioned. And the answer t your second question is yes because on the site they mentioned that they provide back up of up to 25 GB which enough space I believe. And for your third question I would suggest you to communicate support staff as they can answer that one better.

Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • Kemi Ojo
    Thank guys. I tried using thunderbird to back up my emails, not sure how that works. Wasn't successful. However, I tried the Outlook 2010 account using POP3 email settings :) I got that! However, I was thinking of backing up via the Cpanel from my host provider, I already communicated with the support staff.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)