Move domains between accounts
How can I move domains between accounts?
Moving a domain between accounts at
is different from transferring domains. A transfer refers to a change of domain registration provider. For example, changing your provider to
instead of GoDaddy or Namecheap.
Moving a domain (Move) refers to a change in the account at
that manages a specific domain. This may be required when domains get sold, or organizational changes take place.
To move a domain:
1. Create the recipient (new) account at
click on Login - Create New Account
2. After creating the new account log into the account and take note of the Customer ID.
You find the customer ID in the INFO section after login.
3. Go to the account where the domain is located (old account).
4. Log into the account and click on the domain name in the left panel, Active section.
5. Look for the Move button an click on it.
6. Enter the new email (username) and Customer ID for the domain.
Please note that you MUST have access to the registrant email for the domain as confirmations will be needed to complete the Move action.
7. Log into the new account and confirm that the domain is at its destination.
Note: Additional services like email or hosting may not move with the domain. Please contact us to assist in this case.
As always, if you run into any problems feel free to contact
Sign in or register to add a comment.
Add a Comment
Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!
Googling "domains" shows Google Domains as the first result - bad practice
Just Purchased 2 Domains, I Want To Send Traffic From .Com To .Co.Uk, What Am I Doing Wrong?
[Question] past due date domains or hosting
Things You Need to Know About ICANN's New Top Level Domains
Terms of Service
Useful Hints and Tips
Created with PlushForums
© 2021 Hello Internet Forum