• Gerardo Aristizabal
    Hi!

I created a Weebly site and now I need to configure my domain to work with that Sitebuilder. How can I do that? Please note that I did not use the Weebly integration available at HELLO.CO. I created the Weebly site directly at www. weebly.com.

Thanks,

Gerardo
  • Admin
    Hi!

After you build a site with Weebly sitebuilder at www.weebly.com, you will need to follow these steps to configure your domain:

Step 1: Make sure your site is configured with the domain name:

Please check the information here to configure the site with the domain:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201740093-How-Can-I-Change-My-Site-s-Address-or-Domain-Name-

After you have configured the site with the domain you will need to configure the A Records from the domain to point to Weebly.

As per the information here:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201372693-How-to-Use-a-Domain-You-Purchased-Elsewhere

You can point your domain's A Records to Weebly's IP address, which means you'll be able to publish your site to your domain name while continuing to manage and renew the domain through the current company. Note that your website must be upgraded to use this option.[/i]

Instructions to follow are:

Taken from the Weebly website;

I made a website using Weebly and would like to use mydomain.com there. I need to change the A-Records for both "www" and my root domain to point to 199.34.228.59.

So you need to create A Records for both @ and www pointing to 199.34.228.59.

For this, follow these steps:

1. Log into your account at www.hello.co
    Do this from a laptop or a desktop so that you have the full DNS management interface.

2. Look for your domain in the left panel, Active section and click on it. This will open the Management section for the domain.

3. Look for the Configure DNS section and open that section, and click on DNS Records.

4. Click on the A Records tab and add 4 records as follows.

Hostname: @
    Destination IPV4: 199.34.228.59

Hostname: www
    Destination IPV4: 199.34.228.59

With this you should be ready. Allow some minutes for the DNS records to propagate and test your site. If you have any issues feel free to email .

Admin
    Hello Internet
    www.hello.co
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)