• mari
    Anyone here who built their own website from scratch? Would love to know what part of your experience was the most challenging and how were you able to overcome or solve it? I haven't built mine yet but I want to prepare myself for the worse when creating or building one so I'd appreciate any advice that you have in mind based on your experiences. Thank you very much.
  • Jackie
    You need to determine the type of website you want to build. Is it more of a blog site, a corporate site or an interactive one like those different social networking sites? Then, you need to plan the layout of the website, this includes both the design and the functions (for coding purposes). The most challenging part is when you do it alone. You may need to team up with other web designers. In my experience, I have to team up with another web designer as it is taking me a while to finish it since it's more of an interactive website.
  • SRami
    Hello @mari

In my opinion there is not just one challenging part in creating a website , but many , more or less depending on each persons previous experience and knowledge. Some people might have some information in design and find the coding difficult or vice versa, or somebody might find it difficult working with the Cpanel and Plug Ins or maybe another person finds the whole process challenging.

It varies from person to person , from budget to budget and from skill set to skill set.

Regards,
    Rami
  • Josie B
    I was thinking about the content itself. it just reminds me of a web designer friend who contacted me to write a content for the website she created. I agree with Jackie about the team up. I just noticed that my friend was building a team for her web designing business.
  • mohamed
    it is a very tricky question and i agree with all & in my prospective the most challenging part if you make small website "CMS" i think creating content and to make it adapt with the approved design .
  • skatebored
    halu...

since the question is the process of creating a website, so content is excluded this time.
    well i guess the most challenging part is the script workflow. to provide simple and smooth website.
    therefor visitor can easily navigate, feel comfortable and spend many times on site.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)