• Saurabh Vij
    I came back from a 2-week break to find out the A Record setting had been reset/changed to 'forwarding' and not to the static IP address it was set to.

The static IP address is fine and simply re-adding the A record to point to that static IP address has resolved the fault.

Luckily this was merely a 48 hour outage on a beta site but it's concerning that something like this could break so easily. Are there any logs within to find out the point of failure?

• skateboredAccepted Answer
    halu...

well, dns records will not change automatically, something must triggered it.
    based on my experiences some of cases that might change the dns records to default are :
    - reactivate domain name from expired period
    - restoring hosting account from backup file

speaking of log, you can check the timestamp of the dns zone file that reflect when the last time it modified. but on domain i guess you should consult it with the domain provider.
  • mohamed
    i agree with @skatebored and you can use this tool to know if DNS is propagated or not :

whatsmydns.net

i hope it is help
    BR ,
  • Sanzida Aktrr
    dns records will not change automatically. You should consult with the domain provider.
  • Admin
    Saurabh,

This is something that should not happen. We should investigate the situation.

Please email and we┬┤ll look into the change you mention. There has to be an explanation and we should find it.

Thanks,

Admin Hello
    www.hello.co
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)