• Trupti
    Hello,

My main site is running on apache and it's literally goes down I think someone tries to do slower attack on it. I have heard with Nginx these problems no longer exist. But the site reading code is different compared to apache and apache2 I am confused what is the best option for me.

I will also be looking into hosting 3 types of cpanel servers to host clients sites off. So they can choose between. apache, apache2 and Nginx But obviously me being new to web hosting and starting off small. I do know quite a lot about HTML and Php. But that's just the start of it. The whole reason i am wondering about what software to go with because I've been told about the Pros and cons of the software mentioned above.

Thank you
  • mohamed
    Hello @Trupti

i hope that you are fine ,

Regarding attack of he server it is not depend only of type of software you mentioned above may be it is a problem in coding or need website to be optimized first or DB Tuning or security hole .

as a startup can't find a lot of differences between them Nginx it is inherited from Apache with alot of tuning inside to be more faster and you can find big difference in Rewrite rule in Htacess and more .

but it is recommended first to check your website first before you take decision to switch .

BR ,
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Trupti
    The type of the software is not the problem in case of an attack on the server. As mohamed said you ned to optimize the site and improve the security.
    For more detail please contact
    Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)