• jake81
    I'm having an issue with my mails. I can send emails but receiving them is not possible. Have confirmed this with a couple of clients and a colleague - their email messages just bounced back. Oh boy. I'd be grateful if anyone could help me how to sort it out or if there are any configurations or updates that I need to do. Thanks in advance guys.
  • Umair Abbas
    If your DNS settings are correct, the emails should be receiving and sending without any difficulty. If it is not, then you are advised to check settings in your email software. However, if you are using an email client, like (Outlook, mobile device app, Thunderbird, or Mac Mail), then check your Email Server Settings.

This blog will surely help you a lot.
    https://help.hover.com/hc/en-us/articles/217282007-I-can-send-email-but-I-can-t-receive
  • skatebored
    halu...

first, make sure your daemon is up and ready to receive any email. simply telnet to your mail server on the specified port for receiving. for and example, your mail server using dovecot and working on the port 110.

---begin of quote---

root@server [/]# telnet dit.web.id 110
    Trying 113.20.31.179...
    Connected to dit.web.id.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    +OK Dovecot ready.
    quit
    +OK Logging out
    Connection closed by foreign host.
    root@server [/]#

---end of quote---

as you can see above, the daemon is response with OK than it will be ready to receiving any email commonly.

second, ask your colleague's IP address and check on your mail server's log. if you find any failed issue, get the error code to analyze and get the solution.

third, make sure there's enough free space to save any new email.

last but not least, make sure your firewall not blocking your colleague's IP address.
  • Rabia Riaz
    Contact Support for this one.
  • Mike
    Hi,
    Check your daemon service status it seems stopped otherwise you can click on send and receive to check if its still giving an error, check any rule that you initiated might be restricting incoming mails.

Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)