• Kapil
    I bought my domain, does this require a wildcard SSL? Or can I simply buy a “single domain” SSL?
  • Sanzida Aktrr
    There's some inconsistency between SSL implementations on how they match wildcards, however you'll need the root as an alternate name for that to work with most clients.

For example

a.example.com should pass
    www.example.com should pass
    example.com shouldn't pass
    a.b.example.com may pass depending on implementation (but probably not).

Essentially, the standards say that the * should match 1 or more non-dot characters, but some implementations allow a dot.
  • Bappy
    KapilKapil

There is no need to have a SSL certificate.
    But it depends if you want to have an eCommerce for example.
    or if you're going to handle personal information, you can buy SSL certificate.
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Kapil
    I agree with Bappy that there is no need for SSL certificate and Single domain SSL Certificate is enough to protect your website. A single domain cert secure www. Example. com and example. com.

Please contact and they might help you get one
    I hope this helps
    Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • satish
    Hii @Kapil

You have no need a wild card certificate The IP may change but the Canonical name (www.single-domain.com) will always be the the same. A certificate for a web server is typically tied to the CNAME (Canonical name).

Thanks
  • Kapil
    Thanks, everyone!!
  • skatebored
    halu...

beside all reasonable answers above, id like to use ssl certificate if :
    - there will be an online transaction on my website
    - i need to secure many subdomains on my website [wildcard ssl]
  • Rabia Riaz
    Hey Kapil, Yes now website need SSL certificate in order to verify that their website is secure and safe to visit or even to buy. You can buy from here (hello.co) by asking from Support.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)