• Saurabh Vij
    Hi all,

I've just installed wordpress for my domain, and time I go to upload a theme to the backend, it uploads the theme to 100% and then returns - "HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error", every time. I've tried increasing memory via .htaccess and PHP ini file, but it doesn't appear to help. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Saurabh
  • iivaskovic
    Hello @Saurabh Vij,

internal server error in WordPress is often caused by plugin or theme functions. Other possible causes of internal server error in WordPress that I know of are: corrupted .htaccess file and PHP memory limit.
    You said that you check memory limit. Other things that you can try are:
    - change WP theme
    - recreate .htaccess file

If you'll still get a error, I can suggest to contact hello.co support.

Bye,

--
    Ivor
  • Kemi Ojo
    True. Sometimes, it may also be as a result of low hosting memory limit. Maybe your installed theme is large in size. I have had such experience before. I had to upgrade. You should contact for further assistance.
  • skatebored
    halu...

based on your report, that the upload process reached 100% and then error is appear, that might php limitation related to time to execute has been reached.

these are some steps you can do :
    - make sure the permission is right. 644 for files and 755 for directories.
    - revert your .htaccess file [if any modification]
    - make sure theres enough free space on your hosting account
    - create a phpinfo script to monitor all web server parameters

you should also consult to technical division for complete error log at the server. you might also ask the technical staff, is it possible to sets the parameter by yourself using php.ini file.
  • Sanzida Aktrr
    @iivaskovic .. you are right :)
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Saurabh
    Are you using the Managed WordPress option or something similar? I assume that your internet connection is sound and it doesn't take an extraordinary amount of time to upload your files? Have you tried unzipping the packages and uploading them via FTP like using FileZilla: FTP settings to upload your website?
    I think you should contact
    Regards
    M Noman Ajmal
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)