• Gerardo Aristizabal
    Hi!

I have a stite that I built using WIX and I am trying to configure my domain to point to my WIX site. Can anyone help with instructions?

Thanks!

Gerardo
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Gerardo
    Regarding this, I found a link that might help. I am not sure but you may refer to it. Here is the link: https://support.wix.com/en/ticket/da43bcea-c000-4521-b0c2-6959da90e128
    Rest you can contact
    I hope this helps
    Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • Admin
    Hi Gerardo,

Noman´s coment is correct for the specific case mentioned in that thread. Let´s see a more detailed explanation of what is needed. If you have a site that you developed in WIX (www.wix.com), there are several steps that will allow you to connect your domain at www.hello.co with WIX.

1. First step is to upgrade to a Premium plan. If you don´t have a Premium plan, WIX does not allow you to configure a domain for the site. (An option would be to configure through a redirection but it is not the most solid configuration. If you want to explore this, email us and we´ll give you some help - )

2. Add a domain to your account at WIX
    At WIX:
    "Go to the Domains page and click Connect a domain you already own.

If you already have a domain in your account, click + Add Domain, and then click Connect a domain you already own. If you have already added your domain to your Wix account skip this.

Click Connect and select the site you want to connect your domain to and click Next.
    Note: You may not see this step if you have already connected a domain.

Enter the domain name.

Click the drop-down menu under Where did you buy your domain?.
    Select "Other" as your domain host and click Next.

3. You now need to configure the DNS records that WIX instructs.

Please follow the step-by-step instructions to query the DNS records you need to configure in the www.hello.co panel. Click Next until you find this information.

4. Once you have this information, which will probably be something like:

nsxx.wixdns.net
    nsxx.wixdns.net

Where xx is a number WIX uses internally, you need to configure the DNS records at the www.hello.co panel for the domain.

Follow these steps:

- Log into: www.hello.co with you Usermane (email you used to sign up) and password
    - Click on the My Account button at the uppler left corner and look for the domain you want to configure in the Active section. Click on your domain.
    - A screen with the management section for your domain will open. Look for the CONFIGURE DNS section and open it. It is the second section after the SERVICES SECTION.
    - The first tab will say NAME SERVERS, that is the one we need to edit.

Delete any records that appear here and add the ones WIX gave you as per the process above. Then click SAVE CHANGES.

That´s it!

Note! If you are using our Email service or if you are using our DNS service the Email and/or the previous DNS records will stop working. This process delegates all the configuration of the domain to the WIX platform. If you are using our DNS for something or if you are using our Email service, please contact us for assistance. You can email:

Thank you!

Admin Hello Internet
    Domain registration service - www.hello.co

"
  • Rabia Riaz
    WOW! You made the perfect comment.
  • Eric Clifford
    It is very helpful @Admin. Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)