• Umair Abbas
    Dear all

I am an expert article writer who wrote numerous articles for different websites, especially for article directories. I want to make an article directory website where I can write articles about different topics. Meanwhile, this website should pay for every click/view for my hard-work, just like they pay for YouTube views.

Writing is my passion and having a new article writing website would turn this passion into a prospering business. I am not a programmer or developer, so it’s a humble request, please provide the simplest possible solution for my need.

I am a newbie to this forum and hoping to learn a lot.

Thanks in advance.

• Faisal Asghar
    Hi @Umair Abbas
    I am an article writer myself. First of all, I would like to tell you that YouTube doesn't work that way. They run ads on your videos and when the viewers see that ad for some time (i don't know the exact duration) you'll get a share from the price.
    However, there are several ways through which you can earn money from your article writing website.
    First of all, try the get your site registered with google Adsense or any other ads provider and you'll earn cash when the visitors click on these ads.
    Secondly, you can set up a premium subscription program for your website. In this way, the users will have to pay (on monthly or yearly basis) in order to read your articles. Sites like Business Insider use this kind of model.
    Hope this helps.
  • AlyssaAccepted Answer
    In addition to what Faisal mentioned, I recommend getting many work samples up on your website to show to clients. This way, you have a simple place that people can see some of your best writing.
  • Umair Abbas
    Dear @Faisal Asghar and @Alyssa

I highly appreciate your recommendations. Obviously I have planned to write on various topics and that will certainly help. However, could you please explain whether the Google Adsense is a 1 time sign in process, or I am supposed to pay them on a continual basis? Trying my hardest to get more information, but their webpage is not providing sufficient information.

Furthermore, I already have a free site “umairishere.webs.com” Would you recommend me to register this free site with Google Adsense or having a simple website is necessary? Looking forward for your kind response.
    Thanks
  • Kemi Ojo
    Hi Umair Abass,

For your article directory, I think you should use a CMS platform such as WordPress. It will be easy for your to manage. Instead of using free site, why don't you get your own domain name and hosting platform. You can get it from Hello.co.

After getting your domain and hosting, you can register your website with Google Adsense. Apart from Google Adsense, there are some alternative ad providers that you can make use of - BuySellAds, Propeller Ads, Chitika etc. Don't forget, you need to work on you SEO too. The advantage of using WordPress is that you can integrate some SEO plugins on your website.

What's the use of signing up for Adsense if you don't have massive traffic? You should create social media pages, where you can promote your articles, reach more people and drive traffic to your website.

I hope this helps!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)