• Adele
    I am curious about to know how can I set my firewall setting and what it is all about because I am trying to use some software's but it gives me a message that you should enable your firewall.
  • Mike
    Hello Adele,
    A firewall is a part of a computer system or network that is designed to block unauthorized access while permitting authorized communications. It is a device or set of devices configured to permit,deny, encrypt, decrypt, or proxy all (in and out) computer traffic between different security domains based upon a set of rules and other criteria.

Firewalls can be implemented in either hardware or software, or a combination of both. Firewalls are frequently used to prevent unauthorized Internet users from accessing private networks connected to the Internet, especially intranets. All messages entering or leaving the intranet pass through the firewall, which examines each message and blocks those that do not meet the specified security criteria.
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Adele
    According to google, "A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules." It can be a device or a set of devices that are configured to response to computer traffic in user defined way.
    You can implement firewall as state by Mike, either in hardware as well as software or a combination of both. Since it interacts with all communication of network that why it can block and check each message.
    I hope this helps
    For more information please contact
    Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • SRami
    A firewall is a security system which checks and controls traffic and follows predetermined security rules to protect your device.
  • jake81
    Hi Adele!

Yes, it is definitely important to have a firewall so your computer will be protected from hackers, viruses such as Trojan horses. Aside from having an antivirus software, it is a wise idea to have your firewall enabled to keep your data secure and safe all the time. It will block traffic from websites that are unsafe. You will have a peace of mind knowing that your information will not be compromised. Enable it now, alongside an effective antivirus, so you could detect any malicious software. The latest types of firewalls will give you a much more powerful protection that are able to detect and filter data you are remained protected.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)