• Saurabh Vij
    I want to buy a domain that someone else owns, I looked up who owned the domain using whois and I got the owners info, I contacted the owner and he told me he sold it. The current owner has the info of the previous owner as the whois, so I have no way of getting in contact with the new owner. I reported the domain as a invalid whois and I thought that if the owner didnt update the info it would get suspended and then put in auction, I asked support and they told me that was not true. They told me only way I would get in contact with the owner is by buying the domain buy service for $69.99. The most I am willing to buy the domain for is 50$

Any help?
  • SRami
    Hello,

You could try talking to the previous owner in giving you the contact details of the new owner so you could negotiate with him. As support told you , the displayed info is for the person that first purchased the domain but by selling it they are not forced to change the details unless the domain expires and it is bought again through a legitimate domain selling service. There are hosting and domain services that could help you out to contact the owner and offer them your bid but they are always for a fee. You could try contacting Hello.co and ask them if they can help you out and a quote for this service.

Good Luck !

Regards,
    Rami
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Suarabh
    What you can do in this situation is try getting in contact with the previous owner and ask him for the info of the new one. If he give then that will be ok otherwise you could wait for the domain to get expire because it is when the new owner will update the information. Else domain and web hosting services can help you contact the owner. Please contact and explain it to them as they might help you get to the new owner.
    Regards
    M Noman Ajmal
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)