• Faye
    Hi. I had a website before. I had an issue before regarding my account information. I've tried querying my website domain in whois lookup. All my information were retrieved. There were many spammers in the email that I've used in my domain registration. Do you provide any service that encrypts our personal information? I've observed that there are domains that have encrypted information when I tried querying their domain in whois lookup. I've been planning to sign up but I want to know if you offer this feature.
  • Faisal Asghar
    Hi Faye
    I've seen the following information in the site FAQs. Hope this might help
    For the time being, the city of New York and the registry do not allow for proxy or private registrations. This may change in the future and if so, we will implement a service for you to make your information private in the WHOIS records.

It depends on the domain extension. For extensions like .COM, .NET, .CO, .ORG and several others, you may use our Proxy information to keep your personal data private. For extensions like .NYC, private or proxy registrations are not allowed. Please contact us if you would want to inquire about a specific domain extension.
  • Faye
    I'm sorry for the typo. "Personal Information Privacy" is the correct title.
  • M Noman Ajmal
    Hello Faye

Please visit the FAQ's at Hello.co and you can see information there which @Faisal Asghar mentioned.

Regards,
    M Noman Ajmal
  • Faye
    Thanks for the heads up @Faisal Asghar and @M Noman Ajmal. I hope they can offer this awesome feature soon. I'm about to sign for a new domain.
  • Rabia Riaz
    There's always an option to pay some extra cash and get more privacy for your domain information. If you are not able to find this option in your domain registration account then contact support and I am sure they will going help you out.
  • JayR
    Faye,

I think you're referring to Domain Privacy feature.

Domain privacy is a service offered by a number of domain name registrars. A user buys privacy from the company, who in turn replaces the user's info in the WHOIS with the info of a forwarding service (for email and sometimes postal mail, done by a proxy server).

Ask if they offer this feature.

Hope this to be useful. ;)
    - JayR
  • mari
    A year ago, I received emails offering their services in building my website and that was a couple of weeks after I created my website which is still empty. I also looked it up on Whois and found out that my email address was there, free to access. Found out too that the only way to hide it was to pay for the privacy feature, I am not sure if its a monthly thing. I did not subscribe since I don't have a budget for it. I just ignored the emails hoping that they'll get tired of it which happened later.
    I haven't checked it yet but hope Hello.co offers domain privacy features too.
  • Rabia Riaz
    I would say if you have business that has a high possibiity of receiving emails that are useless for you and you know your customers and they know the right way to contact you then for sure you should get the Domain Privacy support.
  • mari

I think most popular companies do this and often use contact forms to filter out unnecessary email messages. As far as I know it has spam filter features that automatically marks a message that contains keywords they believe to be spam.
    As for my situation since my website is just newly created, I think domain privacy protection is not yet necessary as of now.
  • Rabia Riaz
    Mari, can you please share your website link. So, that I can see it and analyze the niche of your business/website. As some businesses are so competitive online that spammers used to target each and every business of that niche online.
  • mari

It's undeveloped so I want to keep it to myself for now :D. I still don't have the time to work on it. Aside from someone sending me emails offering their web development services at the first few months of my website, I haven't encountered any spamming activities so far.
  • Eric Clifford
    Hi, Actually they have. I've had this question once also. If you could just check the terms and conditions you will find number 4 the Privacy portion and read that part...

This might help you.
  • Admin
    Hi!

There are two important concepts here: Domain privacy and Domain proxy service. Both of these services hide your contact information from the WHOIS database.

Why do some people need this?
    Some people need this service because contact information in the WHOIS database is accessible to anyone at any time. This may compromise privacy for some people. Additionally, a lot of spammers and marketers use thes WHOIS information to buiild databases that later spam people with offers, phishing etc.

What is the difference between domain privacy and domain proxy service?

Domain privacy: Will hide your contact information but will maintain your name and organization in the WHOIS database. Contact information including your phone, address and email will be replaced by some general information that is valid but does not relate to your real data.

Domain proxy service: This service will replace all your contacts with default contacts that do not reveal your actual information and data. Nothing in the WHOIS information will reveal your contact details and no one will be able to find you by tracing the domain name WHOIS information.

Please note that there are several reasons you may need to have the information public.
    - to issue a SSL certificate (in this case you can disable the proxy service and enable it after the certificate is issued)
    - if you may be interested in selling the domain, some people may contact you by searching your information in the WHOIS database.

Also, some domain registration authorities do not allow for the implementation of Proxy or Privacy services. This include, for example, the domain extension for the city of New York, .NYC.

Hello Internet does offer a service to hide your information from the WHOIS database for domains that allow you to do this: .COM, .NET, .CO, .ORG, etc.

The service offered by Hello Internet is a proxy service where all your contact information will be hidden from the WHOIS database and will not be accessible by anyone.

To activate Hello Internet´s proxy service follow these steps:

1. Log into your account at www.hello.co
    2. Click on My Account in the top left section.
    3. Look for your domain in the Active section and click on it

At the upper section of the Management section of the domain you will find an option that says Privacy. It will be ON or OFF. Switch it to ON to hide your contact information from the WHOIS database.

If you have any doubts, feel free to contact us at

Thanks!

Admin Hello Internet
    www.hello.co - Hello Internet
  • Rabia Riaz
    That's great. I have many services to offer. If you don't have time then we can easily manage it from our side. You can avail our web management services along with web development, graphics, content, and online marketing services :)
  • mari
    Thanks for the offer Rabia. I actually got the website as a practice ground since I want to learn web design but things got busy so I wasn't able to start yet. Will contact you if ever I decide to let someone handle it though. Thanks again.
  • Alyssa
    The whois database privacy service is fantastic for the amount of money you pay for it. I own a couple of domains and paying for it has given me serious peace of mind. I know my information is safe.
  • Rabia Riaz
    Your Welcome Dear.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)