• Saurabh Vij
    Hi,

For some reason my website is loading very slowly. What could be the possible reasons for this slowness
  • Kapil
    There can be many reasons for this slowness:-

Network problems:-
    Your network connection can be a major reason for the same. Check network connection.

Your website needs optimization:-
    Unnecessarily large images, linked assets, third-party plugins, excessive transitions/animations, excessive interactions, embedded content, etc., can all cause loading issues. Check your website's load time with a free online website speed test.

Webflow service issues:-
    Webflow service can also be a cause for this issue. Check if Webflow is down for everyone
  • Syamraj K
    There are multiple reasons due to which it can happen. Best option that I would suggest you to try is to use one the below tools to Test your Site & it will give you the exact issues along with the solution for it.

Google Page Insights :- PageSpeed Insights is an online tool which helps in identifying performance best practices on any given website, provides suggestions on a webpage’s optimizations, and suggests overall ideas of how to make a website faster. Per URL request, it grades webpage performance on a scale from 1 to 100 and provides a report on suggested optimizations, divided into categories of high, medium, and low priorities.

Url : https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Pingdom :- Monitor your website's availability and performance for free with Pingdom and always be the first to know when your website is down.

Url :- https://tools.pingdom.com/
  • Ghelyn B
    I would advise you to check gtmerix.com website to analyse your site. It will also give you recommendations on what you need to do to increase the speed of your site.

However, you also need to check the CMS you used to create your site if it is taking too much memory on your host. If so, you may need to ask for their assistance to increase the memory limit.
  • satish
    Hii Saurabh Vij

Their are many reason why a website may takes much load time as compare to the normal loading
    For example:-
    ->The images that are used in your site are not optimized
    ->The css,html are not minified
    -> And js files not loading
    The above are the main reason behind the slow site speed . because if the images are of bigger size then takes a large space on server and will increase the load time .The minified html ,css and js files will also increase the site speed . So try to minify and optimize content . it will surely helps you to increase the site speed.
  • Olivia
    Have you checked if your images are optimized. Make sure that they are optimized by resizing full-sized images. Also try checking the quantity as well as the size of the external resources or media embedded on your site. It would be beneficial if you remove or decrease the quantity of the external media that you have on your site. Although it having several features is helpful, it may also be a cause for the slow loading of your website so you can try eliminating some extra features to make sure that your website runs fast and smoothly.
  • Varsha Khemka
    Maybe the reasons behind the slow loading of website are the misplaced CSS and JS, too many plugins added to your website or more. First of all, all you need to do is to keep CSS at the top, i.e., header and JavaScript at the bottom, i.e., footer. And if there is no use of any plugins then kindly remove those plugins because having more plugins in the website make your website load slower. Or you can more about how to speed up your website then you can click below:
    http://www.toolsinsight.com/blog/tips-to-make-website-faster
  • potanma
    I have one problem. My gaming site works so slowly and I can't make anything to fix this problem. Can somebody help me?
  • Alisha Meredith
    website speed optimization is a vital factor in Google serach ranking. As well as for better user experience. But can try GTmetrix or other alternatives to find error and fix the errors which are causing speed loss of your site
    https://alternativeso.com/gtmetrix
  • Admin
    Saurabh,

In tihs case, I suggest you contact your hosting provider and ask them to diagnose the situation. It can be something related to your site, to your server, to the database or to the network conectivity in place. It may also be that you have a setup with less resources than the ones you should have in place.

If we are your hosting provider, please send us an email to . Someone in our team will look into this and will help you with the specific situation.

There are may possible causes for this and it should be looked at in detail.

Admin
    Hello Internet
    www.hello.co
  • seank
    With the help of some simple tips one can reduce the load times:

• Consider implementing a content delivery network (CDN)
    • Implement new image formats to reduce the size of your images
    • Cache, cache, cache
    • Evaluate your plugins
    • Combine images into CSS sprites
    • Enable HTTP keep-alive response headers
    • Enable compression

Source: https://sites.google.com/site/onlinetoolsmakewebsiteperfect
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)