• Gerardo Aristizabal
    Yesterday while setting up a Google Adwords account I decided to check for the keyword "domains". I had the idea that Go Daddy and Namecheap were battling for the first position in the organic search results in Google. This was expected, Go Daddy and Namecheap are probably the two brands with the highest recognition among domain registration providers.

Surprise! They are no longer the No. 1 organic result, it is now Google´s own Domain registration service, Google Domains. Furthermore, the first result in the paid (Ads) listings is also Google Domains. This makes little sense since they are paying themselves to appear first in the paid listings also.

This just looks bad, ugly, very bad. "Don´t be evil".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_be_evil

You can come up with your own conclusions. Definitely no Google fans around here.
    *Writing this post from a Chrome browser. (sigh)
  • Mike
    You are right, as Go Daddy and Namecheap are renowned brands and should be appeared first in organic search results of google. However, do not know why Google Domains on top ranking.
  • Josie B
    I tried searching using "domains" too today and yeah Google Domains is now number 1. tsktsk.
    GoDaddy is now the first result in the paid ads though.
  • Syamraj K
    Seems like it's location based, I am seeing Google Domains in the Fourth Position when I tried Searching with the Keyword "Domains".

3211.JPG
    Attachment
    3211 (97K)
  • Victor
    @Gerardo, @Syamraj, indeed seems to be location-based results (I'm in Mexico)

From my side, I see Google Domains in 2nd place in the organic search.

GoDaddy, Google Domains and Namecheap are nowhere to be found in the paid Ads results
  • Hamda
    Thank you for this topic.
  • Eric Clifford
    Hi @Gerardo Aristizabal It's fine. It's a homecourt can't do anything bout it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Hello Internet Forum!

Hello Internet Forum - Know an answer? Answer by signing up ;)